Igniting Leadership Program
A great starting point on the leadership journey
Leadership is a skill that can’t be taught but is inherently in all of us. Providing the catalyst and tools to recognise the attributes that you have and how to develop them is what this program is all about. The content will take you out of your comfort zone and enable you to discover and develop as a leader.
Who should enrol?
Igniting Leadership is for potential or emerging leaders who show the characteristics of the next generation of leaders. Every ILP includes participants from the commercial, government and not-for-profit sectors.
This program is especially for:
- new and emerging managers, who will learn the difference between managing and leading
- talented staff who demonstrate natural leadership skills but may not necessarily be in leadership roles
- high-performing team members, who will learn techniques to help them move from personal management to leadership.
What is involved?
The program is an exciting mix of seminars, scenario based learning, guest speakers, reflection sessions and other learning based activities during the five days. An informal graduation is held at the conclusion of the program.
What will you learn?
Igniting Leadership covers the following areas of learning:
- Understanding Self: Learn how behavioural styles – including your own – affect leadership
- Leadership Preferences: Explore your own style of leadership in the context of the workplace
- Workplace Challenge: identify and work on a personal workplace challenge and develop a leadership action plan to address it
- Leadership Qualities and Values
- Change – Drivers and Dynamics
- Emotional Intelligence
- A Systems Perspective: Learn about the links between strategy, execution and employee engagement
- Redefining Leadership: Compare traditional and contemporary approaches to leadership
- Leadership and the big issues
- Communicating as a leader
- Strategic Networking
- Sustainable Leadership.
“The program allowed me to reflect on and adapt my leadership style in different situations to get the best out of my team, my stakeholders and to influence key business decisions,” Erin Chancellor, Senior Communications Manager
5 days (run over 3 weeks)
JJ Clark Room, Level 1, Old Treasury Building,
20 Spring Street, Melbourne
Standard: $4850 (incl GST)
ILP #2: 30, 31 May and 6, 7, 20 June (Bookings close 17 May). Enrol now.
ILP #3: 1, 2, 8, 9, 23 August (Bookings close 19 July. Enrol now.
ILP #4: 29, 30 August and 5, 6, 19 September (Bookings close 16 August). Enrol now.
ILP #5: 10, 11, 17, 18, 31 October (Bookings close 27 September). Enrol now.
Candidates are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and fields. They are selected on merit and must have the support of their organisations (where applicable). Places are strictly limited.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
Igniting Leadership Program
Cancellations received up to 10 working days prior to the program will incur a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellations between 10 working days prior and 3 working days prior incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will apply for cancellations within 3 working days of program commencement date.
Cancellation must be in writing.
Transfers and substitutions are accepted up to 10 days prior to the program commencement date. All transfers and substitutions will incur a 10% administration fee.
Transfers and substitutions must be in writing.
To learn more about the Igniting Leadership Program, please download our ILP Program Brochure.
Please forward your interest to Leadership Victoria at email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ILP Scholarship application