Igniting Leadership Program
A great starting point on the leadership journey
Leadership is a skill that can’t be taught but is inherently in all of us. Providing the catalyst and tools to recognise the attributes that you have and how to develop them is what this program is all about. The content will take you out of your comfort zone and enable you to discover and develop as a leader.
Who should enrol?
Igniting Leadership is for potential or emerging leaders who show the characteristics of the next generation of leaders. Every ILP includes participants from the commercial, government and not-for-profit sectors.
This program is especially for:
- new and emerging managers, who will learn the difference between managing and leading
- talented staff who demonstrate natural leadership skills but may not necessarily be in leadership roles
- high-performing team members, who will learn techniques to help them move from personal management to leadership.
What is involved?
The program is an exciting mix of seminars, scenario based learning, guest speakers, reflection sessions and other learning based activities during the five days. An informal graduation is held at the conclusion of the program.
What will you learn?
Igniting Leadership covers the following areas of learning:
- Understanding Self: Learn how behavioural styles – including your own – affect leadership
- Leadership Preferences: Explore your own style of leadership in the context of the workplace
- Workplace Challenge: identify and work on a personal workplace challenge and develop a leadership action plan to address it
- Leadership Qualities and Values
- Change – Drivers and Dynamics
- Emotional Intelligence
- A Systems Perspective: Learn about the links between strategy, execution and employee engagement
- Redefining Leadership: Compare traditional and contemporary approaches to leadership
- Leadership and the big issues
- Communicating as a leader
- Strategic Networking
- Sustainable Leadership.
Watch the video below to find out more about the program and one person's journey.
5 days (run over 3 weeks)
JJ Clark Room, Level 1, Old Treasury Building,
20 Spring Street, Melbourne
Standard: $4895 (incl GST)
NFP: $3993 (incl GST)
Leadership Victoria offers a limited number of scholarships for not for profit (NFP) staff and directors to undertake programs to develop their ability to lead and manage within their organisations and within the broader community. For more information click here
- ILP Series 1: 3, 4, 10, 11 April and 2 May (Bookings close 28 March).
An Early Bird rate of $3330 is available for enrolments for ILP Series 1 confirmed by 28th February 2014. To enrol click here
- ILP Series 2: 29, 30 May and 5, 6, 27 June (Bookings close 17 May). To enrol click here
- ILP Series 3: 17, 18, 24, 25 July and 7 August (Bookings close 19 July). To enrol click here
- ILP Series 4: 28, 29 August and 4, 5, 18 September (Bookings close 16 August). To enrol click here
- ILP Series 5: 9, 10, 16, 17, 31 October (Bookings close 27 September). To enrol click here
Candidates are drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and fields. They are selected on merit and must have the support of their organisations (where applicable). Places are strictly limited.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
Igniting Leadership Program
Cancellations received up to 10 working days prior to the program will incur a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellations between 10 working days prior and 3 working days prior incur a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will apply for cancellations within 3 working days of program commencement date.
Cancellation must be in writing.
Transfers received up to 10 working days prior to the program commencement date will incur a 10% administration fee. Transfers and substitutions between 10 and 5 working days prior to the program commencement will incur a 30% transfer fee. Transfers less than 5 working days prior to program commencement will incur a 50% transfer fee.
Transfer requests must be in writing.
To learn more about the Igniting Leadership Program, please download our ILP Program Brochure.
Please forward your interest to Leadership Victoria at email@example.com
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ILP Scholarship application