We’re excited to announce…we’ve gone virtual!
In response to COVID-19, we have pivoted to a virtual delivery format for Williamson until at least 30 June 2020. We’ve adapted and redesigned program components to maintain the depth and richness of the development experience, as well as the high quality outcomes for our participants. Read more about this change here.
The Williamson Leadership Program is a unique, immersive program that delivers experiences designed to transform how you think. It is built on the premise of experimentation and adaption, and will push you to continually test how and why you lead. It will expand the way you see the world and change the way you exercise leadership. You will engage unusual voices and learn to mobilise and empower others to do extraordinary things in your organisation and community. You will become adept at strategic analysis, systems thinking, sense making, and will critically examine the challenges and opportunities facing today’s leaders. Learn how to achieve impact in complex and rapidly changing environments, discover your leadership purpose and support your organisation and your community to perform better, and adapt and thrive in today’s world.
Who Should Apply
- Leaders who are curious about how they make a bigger difference and create a greater impact in their organisation and broader society, typically those with significant management experience (10+ years)
- To further enrich the learning each year, group participants span a range of fields, age groups, sectors and backgrounds
As a result of this program you will:
- Understand approaches to leadership and the themes sitting at the heart of societal challenges and issues
- Gain a greater sense of your personal obligation to contribute to broader society
- Transform the way you think and act to be better equipped to operate in complex environments
- Confidently exercise purposeful leadership and collaborate with others to solve complex problems
- Understand different perspectives and viewpoints on complex challenges
- Connect with others more empathetically and mobilise and empower others to achieve change
- Manage yourself more effectively in order to stay true to purpose
- Develop a supportive network of diverse thinkers with different worldviews and lived experience, that transcends traditional sector and community boundaries
- Leadership Development Profile psychometric
- Harvard’s Immunity to Change Methodology
- Peer Case Consultation Process to progress leadership challenges
- 26 facilitated learning sessions (up to 4 evenings or events (some virtual), 2 full days per month
- Welcome and Commencement Residential Immersive with four-star resort single accommodation and all-meals
- Overnight Immersive to regional Victoria, including transport, accommodation and meals
- Flights, accommodation and meals at two-day Immersive trip to Canberra, behind-the-scenes Parliament House experience and a powerful opportunity to question and influence MPs in Canberra
- Numerous guest contributors sharing practical insights and their own leadership journey
- All pre-reading and program materials, including Your Leadership Edge by Ed O’Malley and Amanda Cebula
- End of Year Celebration Dinner
- Longitudinal profiling post program to evaluate the impact of the program experience
2020 Williamson applications are closed. Applications for 2021 Williamson open mid-June – watch this space!