About Williamson Community Leadership Program
📍 Melbourne + Regional Victoria Retreats | ⌚ 10 month experience (Feb – Nov 2024) | From $16,100*
Applications are now closed for the 2024 Williamson Community Leadership Program.
Transform the way you think about your leadership purpose.
Williamson is a unique, immersive year-long program.
For over 30 years, the program has brought together a diverse group of leaders from all sectors – business, government, not-for-profit, academia and philanthropy. Often described as life-changing, the program will expand the way you see the world and change the way you exercise leadership. It will push you to experiment – continually challenging how and why you lead. You will become adept at strategic analysis, systems thinking, sense making, and will critically examine the challenges and opportunities facing organisations and society today.
Achieve impact in complex and rapidly changing environments and support your organisation and community to adapt and thrive in today’s world. Build a life-long network with other leaders across sectors, locations, background and life experience.
“ Leadership is about having a mindset that enables you to be collaborative, deeply listen to others and their perspectives, and continue to let your personal values be your compass.”
Who Should Apply
Williamson is for people looking for something different in their leadership learning experience. Are you:
- Driven to make a bigger difference in your
organisation, community and beyond?
- An experienced manager in your work (10+ years)
or leader in other areas of life?
- Willing to be challenged in your preconceived notions, perceptions and approach to leadership?
- Wanting to build a strong, enduring connections with others to engage more effectively in change?
Entry for Williamson is competitive and participants must submit an application and undertake a selection process.
Listen to a range of diverse Williamson alumni as they share their firsthand experience and impact of the Williamson Community Leadership Program. In each session, you’ll also be joined by a Williamson facilitator who delves into what the program looks like over the 10 months.
Leadership scholarships enable people from under-represented communities and organisations to undertake Leadership Victoria’s programs, developing leadership capability across Victoria’s richly diverse communities. We are pleased to offer a number of scholarships. Click the links to access scholarship criteria:
Leadership Victoria Foundation offers scholarship opportunities for those who demonstrate a financial need and who meet one of the criteria below:
- people living with a disability
- members of Victorian culturally and linguistically diverse community
- people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- applicants whose personal or work efforts are focus on supporting individuals and communities experiencing disadvantage.
What to Expect
You will emerge from the experience with:
- Increased confidence in exercising leadership
- A deeper understanding of approaches to leadership and of themes at the heart of societal challenges
- A greater sense of the contribution you can make to society
- Connection with others to engage more effectively in change
- Skills and mindset to lead in complex environments
What it Involves
- 4 Multi-day Immersives in regional locations offering deep learning experiences
- 6 Theme Days exposing you to new perspectives and experiences on themes at the heart of societal issues
- 7 Leadership Days to explore and practice leadership principles and competencies
- 6 Events to create fresh insights on contemporary leadership
- Deep exploration of meaning-making for leadership through the Leadership Development Framework – a unique participant profile and small group debrief
2024 Williamson Program Pricing
- Full Williamson experience
- Option to add additional coaching sessions
|$18,400 (Ex GST)
|NFP or self-funded
|$16,100 (Ex GST)
*Is your organisation paying for your Williamson place? If so, they will be invoiced for the bulk of the fee. You will be invoiced for a $2,200 portion of this total fee as your personal contribution to your development experience. NFP rate applies to individuals employed in an organisation registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.
Program details are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change without notice. Please view our terms and conditions which includes information about our cancellation policy. Please check with your manager or relevant person in your organisation for approval before applying.