2019 Igniting Leadership Program
About the program
Igniting Leadership is your catalyst to explore the essentials of leadership; and gain the insights, critical skills, strategies and confidence to move from team member to effective leader for improved personal, team and organisational performance. Igniting Leadership takes a strengths based approach helping participants to tap into their talents and to gain insights into how they can maximise their potential.
This five-day program explores the essentials of leadership and what it means to be an effective leader in today’s world. Drawing on the experience of our expert facilitator, a range of dynamic guest speakers and a diverse group of peers in the room, you will examine:
- Leadership: Broaden your understanding of modern leadership concepts, the purpose of leadership, distinguishing authority from leadership, key emotional attributes of leadership and the nature of constructed reality
- Values and Motivation: Learn how to engage, motivate and lead teams effectively
- Change: Identify drivers and barriers to change, change management techniques and how to strengthen change initiatives for success
- Strategy: take a systems perspective; develop techniques to adapt, influence and drive strategy
- Communication: understand the basis of effective communication; improve your communication skills and ability to influence and motivate others; build your awareness of workplace relationships and learn how to identify and channel strengths of individuals and teams
- Networks: Understand the value of, and how to build, strategic professional networks
- Participants will be introduced to a peer case consultation process in which they will have the opportunity to practice, in a controlled setting, the ideas being explored in your program, and to gain feedback from their program peers about a leadership challenge that is important to them.
Who should attend?
- Emerging or recently appointed team leaders, managers and supervisors
- High-performing team members and talented staff who demonstrate leadership skills but may not be in leadership roles
- Team members with decision-making responsibilities with limited experience in managing people
- High potential or aspiring leaders
30 and 31 May, 6 and 7 June, 27 June - Program fully booked
1 and 2, 8 and 9 August, 29 August - Program registrations closed
16 and 17, 23 and 24 October, 14 November
Earlybird registrations and scholarship applications close: 04 September 2019.
|Earlybird||$3,200.00 + GST|
|NFP||$3,200.00 + GST|
- Pre reading and program materials
- LV Journal
- Gallup Strengths Assessment profiling tool and debrief
- Graduation certificate and presentation at program conclusion
- Fully catered
Thanks to the support of the LV Foundation, one full and two part scholarships are available for NFP organisations for this program.
Scholarship recipients are required to pay an individual contribution of:
Full Scholarship - $600.00 + GST
Part-scholarship - $1950 + GST
More information about the scholarship requirements, eligibility, application process and closing dates can be found here.
Scholarship applications can be made on-line here.
Please note that only successful scholarship recipients are guaranteed a place in the program.
Read our Terms and Conditions
Program details are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change without notice.