2018 African Leadership Development Program
The African Leadership Development Program provides an outstanding opportunity for aspiring African Australian leaders to develop their leadership and networking skills so you can confidently contribute to your local community.
This is a FREE program, funded by the Victorian Government’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Social Cohesion. The program is open to people from all African backgrounds, who have shown their commitment to community development. The program is delivered in English.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR 2018
Developed by The African Think Tank in 2010, the African Leadership Development program provides a unique focus on leadership development, discussions with guest speakers, interactive activities and networking opportunities that provide a rich development experience, with long-lasting benefits and outcomes for participants and the community.
What can I expect?
- To gain a strong understand of the principles of leadership
- To develop your leadership capability
- Inspiring guest speakers (community leaders, government representatives, business leaders and more) who will share their insights and experiences
- An opportunity to create valuable networks
- Optional one-on-one mentoring
- To work on group projects, addressing current community issues
Above: Graduates of the 2016 African Leadership Development Program
Who can apply?
- Applicants from all African backgrounds who have shown their commitment to community development
- The principles of leadership
- Dealing with conflict
- Influencing decision makers in media and communications
- Communicating with authenticity and for impact
- Building and maintaining effective networks
- Negotiation skills
- Community leadership, community organisations, capacity building and volunteers
This is a FREE program, funded by the Victorian Government’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Social Cohesion.
African Leadership Development Program was launched in 2010 by African Think Tank Inc. For more information contact the African Think Tank at firstname.lastname@example.org