Five ways to encourage creative thinking
31 March 2015 By Jason Cotton, Innovation Practice Director
We asked Jason Cotton, Innovation Practice Director, Nucleus, five simple ways employers can encourage creative thinking among employees.
- Think about spaces and making time for collaboration, and ways of helping people across the organisation to connect
- Engage employees in programs that teach creative thinking
- Provide employees with access to creative thinking tools - such as an online creative thinking toolbox
- Develop 'Innovation Challenges' - post up business issues and challenges for people to work on
- Communicate stories of creative thinking successes in the organisation
What are the benefits to organisations if their employers learn to be innovative thinkers?
Ultimately, innovation is about the creation of value. That value can be created for customers, stakeholders, employees and the community. If employees learn to be innovative thinkers, then the organisation will harness its peoples value creating potential to develop new value propositions for customers, challenging the status quo to ensure your organisation continues to have relevance, an engaged workforce where people can channel their passions and imaginative capacity and ultimately a more sustainable bottom line.
$880 incl. GST. 20% discount for multiple bookings from one organisation. Enrol your team today.