Skilled Volunteering with Great Connections
Congratulations for making the first move to find out more about the world of skilled volunteering!
Leadership Victoria delivers a range of leadership impact activities, each of which offer an opportunity for our alumni and other skilled volunteers to apply and further develop their leadership skills. Activities focused on building capability and capacity of not-for-profit organisations and the community sector, in the form of Board placements and strategic projects, are managed via our GreatConnections team.
Organisations with GreatConnections membership are provided with a dedicated Client Manager who helps to scope projects and identify and mobilise skilled volunteers to support them.
As a GreatConnections skilled volunteer you will be able to share your skills and experience to make a difference in a wide range of social, economic and environmental issues.
Our GreatConnections volunteer opportunities include:
- Contributing to the work of not-for-profit and community organisations with projects ranging from days to months or even years
- Joining or supporting a board or committee of management of a not-for-profit organisation
- Collaborating with volunteers or program participants to develop solutions to complex social problems
Many of our volunteers are alumni or graduates of our programs and enjoy the opportunity to build and maintain networks with like-minded professionals.
We invite applications from people who have at least ten years of professional experience and want to make a positive impact in the community.
Our application process includes an online registration, followed by reference checking and an informal discussion with one of our Client Managers.
- If you are new to Leadership Victoria and would like to register as a Great Connections skilled volunteer, please apply via this registration page
- If you are a Leadership Victoria alumnus or graduate, please ensure that your Leadership Victoria profile shows that you are available to volunteer
Please complete your personal profile in full, particularly your ‘short bio’ – this is the information we share with member organisations who are seeking volunteers with your skills and interests, so it’s a good place to describe your experience and what you bring to a volunteer role.
We will contact you to discuss your application further.
GreatConnection skilled volunteer opportunities are promoted here and in our Leadership Impact enewsletter.
Alternatively, if a not-for-profit member is seeking a skilled volunteer with your skills and experience, you will be contacted directly by a GreatConnections Client Manager.
Please contact our GreatConnections team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9651 6590.