Not-for-profit and Community organisations are eligible to become a member of the GreatConnections program to benefit from transformational volunteering.
GreatConnections provides member organisations with:
- Specialist volunteer support in areas such as business planning, governance, strategic planning and marketing
- Board members
As part of our social impact objectives, we also undertake a number of long term strategic projects to address significant and pressing community issues.
How to register with GreatConnections
To register with GreatConnections at Leadership Victoria you need:
- To be not-for-profit organisation
- A current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance.
Associate members receive:
- a regular digest of information about issues affecting non-profit organisations
- acknowledgement of their participation
- exclusive invitations and concessional pricings to special NFP-focused Leadership Victoria events and programs
- access to website-only Board Member requests (not facilitated by a client manager).
Associate membership is a $90 annual flat fee for all organisations.
Full members receive associate membership benefits, plus a number of projects* matched to skilled volunteers through a Client Manager, as well as concessional pricing on events and other activities.
Full membership is an annual fee (scaled based on organisational size):
- Under $250,000 income: $300
- Between $250,000 and $1.5M income: $500
- Income greater than $1.5M: $800
For very small organisations with demonstrated restricted capacity to pay and significant and unique mission impact, LV has a policy of providing support for membership fees.
*subject to a reasonable usage policy
If you would like to register please contact Rachael, our GreatConnections Coordinator at email@example.com or 03 9651 6552.
Complete our registration form to become a member here
How GreatConnections Works
There are three easy steps to access GreatConnections skilled volunteers:
- Once registered and payment is confirmed, you can begin accessing GreatConnections’ member benefits.
- Full members allocated a Client Manager will be contacted to help you develop your project(s) plan including goals, objectives and outcomes. Associate members can submit requests for expressions of interest for board placements directly online.
- The Client Manager will then search our pool of talent and match volunteers to the project. You will have the opportunity to meet the volunteers before committing.
The Client Manager will monitor the project and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
What makes GreatConnections stand out from other volunteer matching services is our personalized approach. GreatConnections provides full members with access to Client Managers, who are also volunteers but have a special role. Working with the community organisations they will scope the projects and then liaise with our volunteers to match them to the role requirements.
The Client Managers are highly experienced professionals, skilled in project development and management. They are the key contact for both the organisation and the volunteer and will monitor the progress of the project and make sure that everything is running smoothly.